Stuffed Red Peppers
• 4 large red peppers
• 4 medium tomatoes
• 2 cloves garlic
• 8 dessertspoons Derrycamma Rapeseed Oil
• 8 tinned anchovy fillets
Cut each pepper in half lengthways and deseed; if the peppers have stalks leave them on. Place the peppers in a greased roasting tin. Peel and chop the tomoatoes into quarters – place 2 quarters in each half pepper. Peel and thinly slice the garlic and divide it evenly between the peppers. Add half an anchovy fillet to each half pepper. Place a spoonful of Derrycamma Rapeseed Oil over each pepper and seaon to taste.
Place in the oven and cook on 180 degrees C for 50 minutes
Wild mushrooms and parma ham toasts
For the mayonnaise
• 100g Hazelnuts
• 250ml Derrycamma Rapeseed oil
• 1 Egg
• 1 tsp English Mustard
• pinch Salt
• 1 1/2 tsp Cider vinegar
For the toasts
• 1 tbsp extra virgin Derrycamma Rapeseed oil
• 2 thick slices sourdough, bread
• 1 tbsp Butter
• 100g assorted Mushrooms
• 1 Shallots, finely chopped
• 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
• small bunch Parsley, finely chopped
• 2 slices Parma ham, torn into large peices
1. For the hazelnut mayonnaise: blend the hazelnuts and the Derrycamma rapeseed oil in a food processor for a couple of minutes until smooth, then pass through a fine sieve.
2. In a small pan, boil the egg for 5 minutes, then plunge into cold water. Once the egg is cold, remove the shell and pop it in the food processor with the mustard, salt, cider vinegar and a dash of warm water, then blend. When they are well mixed, run the processor and add the homemade hazelnut oil, drop by drop, until the mayonnaise thickens. If this happens before you have used most of the oil, pour in a little warm water, blend again and continue to add the oil. The mayonnaise can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days.
3. For the toasts: Preheat the oven to 120C/gas ½. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the bread on both sides until golden, slide onto a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. In the same pan, heat the butter until it foams, and gently fry the mushrooms until they start to colour. Carefully stir in the shallots and garlic, fry for a few minutes more until the shallot has softened, then season well and fold the parsley through.
4. To serve, spread each toast with a little of the hazelnut mayonnaise, arrange the fried mushrooms on top and dot with the parma ham pieces